According to a new survey, American workers are more stressed than ever:
- Working Americans report a 28% increase in stress since the beginning of February.
- Stress has increased the most (39%) among workers aged 40-59.
- Anxiety has gone up 47% for workers across the board.
- Anxiety levels are up 75% among workers aged 40-59.
- The number of working Americans at risk of depressive disorders has nearly doubled since February; among workers aged 40-59, that risk is up 212%.
To help employees, it is essential for leaders to be authentic. This means:
- Sharing your feelings.
- Creating a culture of forgiveness.
- Engaging your teams; if possible, meet one-on-one with them.
- Involve employees in discussions about changes to their workspace.
- Empower workers to help decide when, where, and how they work.
- Focus on innovative ways to think and meet your goals.