Learning from a crisis can make it easier to deal with the next one. So what lessons did we learn from the COVID pandemic? We discovered that it’s important to:
- Teach/train employees at all level to be flexible and agile. Consider drills and exercises that focus on using these skills to address a crisis.
- Have policies and plans for wage and hour issues when many employees are working from home.
- Adjust to new paid leave provisions in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- Provide consistent, real-time information to employees.
- Focus on matters within your control.
- Be kind to yourself and those around you.