Particularly during a crisis such as a pandemic, employee trust can help you more easily move from chaos to recovery. This has never been more true than during the COVID crisis.
Here are five reasons your employees are distrustful:
- Inefficient and irregular communication
- Leadership selection isn’t effective or well communicated/understood
- Employees don’t feel like they’re treated fairly
- Lack of investment in employees’ careers and progress
- Failure of leadership to take ownership of mistakes
Addressing these issues starts with communication. Ask questions, seek employees’ input, and listen. Involve them in policies and efforts such as hiring new staff or purchasing new technology. Encourage healthy transparency; and admit when you make mistakes or don’t have all the answers.