Successful leaders are highly effective influencers, particularly as we emerge from a greater challenge than most of us have ever faced before. Consider these ways you can be an inspiring and influential leader:
- Know the people you want to influence. Spend the time to get to know your team.
- Aim to be liked and respected by those you seek to influence. This doesn’t mean being pals with your team. Instead, be someone your workers are connected to and who they feel is on their side.
- Commit to the people you want to influence. Loyalty is a two-way street.
- Engender mutual commitment to help influence thrive.
- Be strong, focused, and a good example for those you want to influence. When you set a good example, others will naturally want to follow.