There’s no time like the present to try something new. Give your recruiting efforts an immediate boost with these ideas:
- Create live recruiting events to get to know candidates in a less formal setting.
- Share open-source documents; post openly about your competency framework and career paths for various positions.
- Focus on making contacts via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- Refresh job descriptions; old-fashioned boilerplate descriptions just won’t cut it anymore.
- Redesign your employee referral program. Establish incentives for workers to refer others to the company. Create and share “elevator” pitches they can use in conversations and encounters with potential job candidates.