Innovation is an important key to owning the future. Here are some tips to help ensure that your managers and other employees are thinking and acting like innovators:
- Foster an innovative mindset. Encourage people to ask questions and consider the “what ifs.”
- Create a plan. Consider setting a goal of having 10-20 ideas to discuss every month. Stress that all ideas are welcome.
- Identify a real problem to solve.
- Embrace and accelerate automation. Work on connecting the dots faster.
- Use multiple types of innovation in a single service design (i.e., involve different disciplines, high-tech and high touch solutions, etc.).
- Leverage diversity and inclusion to drive innovation. Take advantage of those individuals who think differently than you.