Strong leaders with good communication skills are essential to keeping your organization functioning in the new normal of the hybrid workplace. Consider these abilities and practices that distinguish leaders from divas and deadbeats:
- They understand that influence is not about what they say but about what listeners hear.
- They delegate tasks and involve others.
- They stand steady, model calm, and communicate consistently during a crisis or difficult time, whether it’s a pandemic or an economic disaster.
- They break the complex down to the simple and communicate it concisely.
- They understand they must “sell” to get others onboard.
- They communicate trust in clients, coworkers, and subordinates.
- They do the right thing, as opposed to the required thing.
- They communicate why they do things and reveal the reasoning behind decisions.