A strong brand is important for finding and keeping great people, and some key statistics suggest just how significant it is:
- 86% of HR professionals say that recruitment is becoming more like marketing.
- 86% of employees and job candidates say they seek company reviews and ratings to decide whether or not to take or keep a job.
- 75% of job seekers are likely to apply for a position if the employer actively managers its brand.
- 86% of women and 67% of men in the U.S. say they wouldn’t join a company with a bad reputation.
- 50% of job candidates say they wouldn’t work for a company with a bad reputation, even for a pay increase.
- A strong employer brand can reduce the cost per hire by as much as 50%.
- 68% of millennials, 54% of gen Xers, and 48% of boomers say they will check out an employer’s social media pages to evaluate its brand.