Summer’s almost over, but there is still time for a bit of weekend reading. Make the most of your leisure hour with the books HR and benefits leaders say are changing their lives and work:
· Unaccountable by Marty Makary: A frank account of our healthcare system, why costs are rising, and how our perceptions are different than the reality.
· How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie: A classic that is still an excellent guide to living a true life without stress.
· Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your People Like Family by Bob Chapman: A guide to improving the happiness and wellbeing of your employees.
· Dying for a Paycheck: How Modern Management Harms Employee Health and Company Performance and What We Can Do about It by Jeffrey Pfeffer: Clear evidence that “schemes” to maximize profits, such as low wages, long hours, and minimal healthcare benefits, don’t work.
· Artificial Intelligence for HR: Use AL to Support and Develop a Successful Workforce by Ben Eubanks: Makes a complicated subject understandable and easy to apply for any HR professional.
· The Remix: How to Lead and Succeed in the Multigenerational Workplace by Lindsay Pollack.: A good guide to help you understand and address intergenerational differences.