Election day is fast approaching, and the energy, anxiety, and anticipation are palpable. Now a new survey suggests that employees are looking to their companies to be civic leaders:
- More than two-thirds of workers say their company encourages them to vote.
- Employers who encourage voting have a higher percentage of workers who would recommend the company as a good place to work (86% versus 59%).
- Over three-quarter (83%) of employees who work for a company that encourages them to vote are more likely to say they intend to stay with their employer.
- Not quite half (40%) of respondents say they’ve had at least one political disagreement at work, and nearly half (48%) say it’s important that most people at work share their own political beliefs and attitudes.
- Nearly half (42%) of respondents say they’ve considered looking for a new job because of their co-workers’ political beliefs.