Losing a worker can significantly damage morale and lead to other departures. At the same time, it takes an average 24 days to fill an opening and costs as much as $4,000 per hire. Like it or not, you may be contributing to employee resignations. Here are some of the time mistakes you could be making without realizing their negative impact:
- Setting inconsistent goals or expectations.
- Having too many process constraints.
- Wasting resources (eating up workers’ time with constant meetings, training, conference calls, etc.).
- Putting people in the wrong roles.
- Assigning boring or overly easy tasks.
- Failing to create a psychologically safe culture.
- Creating a work environment that is too safe.
- Leading with bias.