As the COVID-19 pandemic continues and people count on their employers to lead them through this crisis, authenticity is more important than ever. Are you doing all you can to be the leader your teams need during this challenging time? Here are some efforts that should be at the top of your list:
- Follow three steps: Plan for transition, safely re-engage with your teams, and progress with purpose.
- Prioritize your people and evolve to meet their needs.
- Update your plans to accommodate employees.
- Understand and address the emotional impact of the crisis, particularly on those employees who aren’t used to working remotely.
- Conduct regular (virtual) check-ins with employees to ensure that all is well.
- Bring people on board who believe in your mission and share your passion.
- Anchor expected behaviors through hiring, performance check-ins, and rewards/recognition. Broaden your reimbursement policy to include wellness apps and home office equipment.