Your employees look to you for help, guidance, and support. Studies show that workers want managers who can help them problem-solve, innovate, grow, and thrive. Here are some steps you can take:
- Help employees identify the root cause of a problem or challenge. Find out who the key stakeholders are and what metrics can help determine if the problem is solved.
- Avoid blaming and finger-pointing.
- Work with employees to prioritize issues or problems to work on.
- Help employees analyze solutions.
- Work with the employee to share solutions with coworkers, seek input, and tweak the solution as necessary.