Work is changing, and new technologies and trends are popping up all the time. Consider these top trends to keep pace with change in 2020:
- Increased focus on employee wellbeing. A growing awareness of the detrimental impact of burnout, stress, and anxiety has lead employers to prioritize these issues; and they’re targeting preventive strategies, such as the practice of mindfulness.
- Workers are demanding flexibility. From four-day workweeks and remote employment to job-sharing and flex hours, the traditional 9-5 model is a deal breaker for many employees, especially millennials and gen Zers.
- Gen Z is coming on strong. Gen Zers are entering the workforce, and they are changing the way we train and treat employees. For instance, gen Zers prefer to learn through YouTube tutorials and videos, and they are social media natives who have different a outlook on work and life.
- Watch for 5G to speed up the workplace.
- Flexibility not only applies to work schedules but also to workspaces. The traditional closed offices and cubicles won’t work in 2020 and beyond.