In a new report from LeadingAge, the organization identified what it sees as ways to address the top workforce challenges in long-term care:
- Expand the caregiver pipeline by targeting recruitment efforts to nontraditional workers.
- Strengthening education and training via the incorporation of competencies, public/private partnerships, etc.
- Facilitate career advancement. Make sure workers have opportunities to advance their careers and take on new roles.
- Increase compensation. Provider workers with the financial security they need.
- Prepared universal workers by providing flexibility to work across settings and across states.
- Reform the long-term services and supports financing system.