According to a new survey, “People at Work 2021: A Global Workforce View,” the pandemic has shaken up staffing worldwide and is driving some challenges and changes:
- 28% of respondents say they’ve taken on a new or different role due to labor market shifts. This number jumps to 36% for Generation Z workers.
- 64% of the global workforce was negatively affected by the pandemic. This includes 28% who lost a job, were furloughed, or got laid off.
- 23% of respondents say they’ve taken a pay cut.
- 75% of workers made changes or plan to change how or where they live.
- Two-thirds (66%) of small and mid-sized U.S. employers have established a hybrid work model.
- 68% of workers report that they’ve received a pay raise or bonus.