Working parents want and need support to help them balance work and family. If you want to attract and keep working moms and dads, consider the following:
- Offer one-off work from home dates when possible.
- Let eligible employees work remotely a set number of days each week or month.
- Let employees set their own schedules in an organized way.
- Set a 10-hour period during which workers must complete their 8 hours of work.
- Designate a few hours during the day as mandatory for all workers to be onsite.
- Provide a child care service or app to enable workers to find child care when they need it.
- Add on cash subsidies to offset the cost of child care.
- Offer family benefits such as elder care or pet care.