Bold leadership means managing with a clear purpose and conviction, drive, and passion. Here are some tips on how to be a bold leader:
- Have a clear purpose and conviction.
- Take smart, win-win risks. If they result in failure, learn from them and use the lessons to do better moving forward. Don’t dwell on mistakes or let them shake your confidence.
- Seek opportunities and avoid settling for the status quo.
- Don’t wait for turbulence; anticipate it and prepare.
- Always be asking: Are my employees/residents happy? What can I do differently?
- Be a disruptor. Don’t be afraid to change course when the evidence suggests it is the right thing to do.
- Be curious. Learn, but also unlearn – seek new paths and directions.
- Have confidence in your decisions. Avoid Monday morning quarterbacking.
- Create an environment of continual growth, learning, and improvement.