Whatever your beliefs, issues, or concerns, this is an important election. Democracy works best when everyone participates, so it is essential to encourage and enable workers to vote. Here are seven easy steps you can take:
- Promote Election Day on November 3 as a day without meetings.
- Encourage all managers to provide flexibility to enable workers to vote on Election Day.
- Make sure workers know their state’s time off policies regarding Election Day. Realize that long lines at the polls may require people to be away from work longer.
- Encourage workers to check in advance to make sure they’re registered to vote.
- Remind workers that they can use a personal or vacation day when they want to take the day off to vote in person on Election Day.
- Promote volunteerism by encouraging employees to become poll workers.
- Provide resources for mail-in ballots and early voting.