A new COVID-19 Honors Program is designed to recognize employees in long-term care facilities who have demonstrated strength and courage throughout the pandemic. The program, established by the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living, includes three categories:
- Individuals who work in a long term care facility where there was a COVID outbreak.
- COVID survivors.
- Staff members who passed away from COVID.
Depending on their category, honorees can receive:
- Pin and letter of recognition.
- Medal and letter of recognition.
- Medal and U.S. flag flown over the U.S. Capitol.