According to a new survey, employees see empathy as an essential skill for coworkers and managers alike:
- 92% of employees would be more likely to stay with an employer that they see as empathetic to their needs.
- 74% say they’d be willing work longer hours for an empathetic employer.
- 80% report they would switch companies to work for a more empathetic employer. Over half (57%) say they’d even be willing to take a pay cut.
There are numerous workplace programs, activities, and offerings that employees see as demonstrative of the company’s empathy:
- Offering benefits that align with values, including flexibility and promoting work/life balance (92%)
- Focusing on employee career support and development (89%).
- Rewarding/recognizing workers for their contributions (91%).
- Meeting employees’ need regarding holistic wellbeing (92%).
- Leadership diversity and a focus on inclusion (85%).