Empowered employees are great assets, so find ways to help workers feel engaged, appreciated, and equipped to be successful. A few steps can help:
- Train managers to trust their teams and resist the urge to micromanage.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture that celebrates innovation and new ideas. Employees shouldn’t be afraid to suggest new ideas or worry about being reprimanded for innovations or changes that don’t work out.
- Have an employee development program with a self-service or -customization aspect to it.
- Make sure managers set clear expectations.
- Communicate the organizational vision, mission, objectives, and values to employees.
- Train leadership to set goals but give employees flexibility on how to reach them.
- Give employees tools to do their jobs well.