With Medicare Advantage (MA) and population health gaining speed moving forward, here are some of the top predictions home care executives have for the field in 2020:
- Home care will begin to redefine how and where service is delivered.
- Consolidations and partnerships of both service and data will change the industry.
- The move from fee-for-service to value-based care will require integration of claims data, medical records, and other information to meet seniors and families where they are in their health/life journey.
- Size and scale will become more important and lead to greater consolidation.
- There will be growing competition for corporate talent with entrepreneurial skills and an eagle-eye focus on mission.
- Companies will introduce more specialized, evidence-based dementia care services.
- Companies will source caregiver talent from new labor pools.