Whether it’s the death of a beloved resident, illness or death of a family member, financial problems, or other issues, it is likely that at least some of your employees are grieving right now. You can help:
- Take a creative approach to increasing the worker’s time off. For instance, invite fellow employees to donate some of their time off via leave donation.
- Temporarily reduce the employee’s workload and offer scheduling flexibility.
- Connect the employee with healthcare resources, including grief or mental health counseling.
- Help the worker benefit from alternative therapies and comfort care. For instance, let the person bring the family dog to work or give a gift card to download music.
- Consider a family support liaison.