Giving company morale a boost doesn’t have to put a big dent your budget. There are small but powerful things you can do to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction. These include:
- Giving employees a voice. Consider establishing an engagement committee that enable workers to plan special events, social activities, and even community service projects.
- Encourage friendly competition. Games or contests, such as tug-of-war or trivia contests, can let teams join together for fun, small prizes, and bragging rights.
- Promote healthy living. Offer nutritious snacks and have fun events such as “Fruit Fridays,” where there are free apples or oranges for employees.
- Get employees moving. Encourage employees to join a lunchtime walking or after-work running group and track their steps or mileage. Other fun events might include a mini-golf tournament, paper airplane contest, or dance party.
- Communicate clear goals. Display company goals or news on TV screens throughout the building(s). Start an employee podcast.
- Help the community. Step up and encourage volunteerism.
- Say “thank you.” Small gifts or cards can make a big difference.