Employers will be looking to shake things up in the new year to attract and keep good people. Here are a few trends you’re likely to see:
- More organizations are going to move to flexible schedules, such as four-day work weeks.
- Health plan deductibles may be decreasing to meet employees’ needs.
- High profile social issues will be on the company agenda due to employee demands and expectations.
- Variable pay, such as bonuses, will play a bigger role in compensation.
- Artificial intelligence (AI), not bosses, will determine salaries.
- Organizations will address the opioid addiction via external resources such as foundations and treatment centers.
- The gig economy will slow down, and employers will focus more on employed workforces.