During the pandemic, Zoom is booming. However, it is important for managers to use this technology in a way that is appropriate, efficient, and productive. Here are a few tips to zoom with zest:
- Have your agenda planning out ahead of time.
- Know your team and pick up on clues about how people are feeling and responding to what you are saying. If they seem bored and distracted, engage them in the conversation.
- While everyone should be professional and focused, be understanding when children or pets make an appearance. Don’t “freak out” when this happens.
- Ask workers for their ideas and input. Don’t make these meetings one-way conversations.
- Take an occasional break from the routine. For example, send out Starbucks gift cards so everyone can come to the meeting with their favorite drink.
- Focus your view on others during the meeting so you don’t get distracted by your own appearance.