Thinking about establishing a peer-to-peer recognition program? A new year is the time to stop thinking and start doing. Here are some steps to get you started:
- Start by defining the goals and trajectory of the program.
- Get senior staff on board to promote the program.
- Determine up front who will be responsible for implementing the program.
- If you will be using software as part of the process, create guidelines in advance to assess and compare software options.
- Make sure the program is easy to use, and don’t underestimate the amount and levels of training that will be required.
- Determine how employees will recognize each other.