If you want to attract and keep good people in 2022, it is important to understand what ideas you need to rethink and what innovations and trends are hot:
- The war for good talent must be waged based on your capacity to connect with job candidates.
- Don’t try to manage today’s realities with yesterday’s tools. Keep your finger on the pulse of what is important to employees and job candidates and make sure you have offerings that will appeal to them.
- Create a balance between organizational and personal needs.
- There is a need to look at the disconnect between the value you propose to employees and the value that partners and clients demand. Look for ways to narrow this gap.
- Abandon the “unhealthy obsession” with retaining talent. Accept that some turnover is inevitable and some workers – even top performers – may not be a good fit.
- In your focus on pursuing diversity, don’t forget the value of uniqueness – the unique and differential value each person brings to your team.
- Foster and develop scenarios of trust that can speed up engagement and performance.
- Know how to make the best use of new alternative ways of working.