According to a new study, 58% of employees who quit a job due to workplace culture say their manager was the main problem. Among other findings:
- 49% of American workers have thought about leaving their current organization.
- Nearly one-fifth have left their job in the last five years, and toxic culture is the reason.
- The cost of turnover from workplace culture exceeds $223 billion over five years.
- One in three employees say their manager doesn’t know how to lead them.
- Three in 10 say their manager doesn’t encourage a culture of open and transparent communication.
- Nearly one-fourth of workers say they dread going to work, don’t feel safe voicing their opinions about work-related issues, and/or don’t feel respected and valued at work.