A new study suggests that taking a break from social media and your dependence on electronic devices can make your vacation more enjoyable and energizing. The findings reveal that:
· Many people experience anxiety, frustration, and withdrawal symptoms at first.
· There is a growing demand for “digital detox holidays,” as more people tire of the constant pressure to stay connected electronically.
· By disconnecting from their devices, respondents say they spent more time with family and other traveling companions; additionally, they engaged more with other travels and locals.
· Respondents, even those who took longer to adjust to being device-free, say they were more attentive and focused on their surroundings and enjoyed the break from constant interruptions.
· A downside for respondents, however, was the overwhelming number of messages and notifications that were waiting for them when they reconnected.