You likely have employees and other stakeholders in your organization who are excited about the COVID-19 vaccine and others who are hesitant or outright opposed. Here are some tips to help ensure a smooth and effective vaccine rollout in your organization:
- Be transparent and provide accurate, trustworthy information from primary sources.
- Make the experience a positive one. Have snacks and prizes for people who participate in vaccine clinics. Promote and celebrate the positive aspects of vaccinations.
- Have a quiet, comfortable place for employees to get vaccinated, especially if they are nervous or hesitant.
- Provide opportunities for employees to ask questions and express concerns.
- Create a culture of vaccine acceptance. Have leaders post videos or photos showing them getting vaccinated and talking about why it’s important.
- Inform and communicate over and over. Don’t just share information once and assume it reached everyone. Repeat your messages and share them on various platforms. Encourage managers to keep their finger on the pulse of what their teams are saying and what additional information might be helpful.