Employers are making COVID vaccines for their workers a priority, according to a new survey. Among the findings:
- 60% of employers say they’ve communicated the value of vaccines to employees, and 35% say they are planning or considering such efforts.
- 35% say they have created policies and procedures to facilitate worker vaccination, and 50% of considering doing so.
- 23% are obtaining vaccines to administer to employees or doing so via a third party.
- Two in 10 respondents say they’re offering vaccine incentives, including providing extra leave to get vaccinated and/or additional leave for those who have negative reactions to one of the COVID-19 shots. One in 10 say they’re offering cash incentives.
- 1 in 10 employers are considering requiring proof of vaccination by employees and new hires, and 23% are planning or thinking about making vaccination a prerequisite of returning to the worksite for remote workers.