Americans are discouraged and suffering because of the coronavirus, but employers have found ways to evolve and innovate in these trying times.
First, the bad news from Gallup survey results:
- Americans’ optimism about the country’s future has dropped by nearly 8% for every month of the pandemic.
- By mid-May, more then 36 million people in the U.S. filed for unemployment.
- Nearly 5% of small and midsize companies have or will shut down in some way because of the pandemic.
Now for the good news. According to a survey from SHRM, employers are innovating:
- 51% are offering additional pandemic-related training for employees.
- 28% offer additional paid leave.
- 17% are expanding or increasing certain aspects of the business.
- 13% are hiring more employees
- 10% are starting new aspects of the business.
Take a few minutes every day to look for good new and constructive, innovative ways to help your workers and others survey this pandemic and even thrive in months and years to come.