While unemployment has risen in the recent months, finding and hiring the best candidates for job openings will continue to be challenging in 2021. According to new survey data, employers face several recruitment dilemmas in the coming year:
- Assessing candidates during virtual interviews.
- Identifying quality candidates quickly.
- Effectively screening candidates pre-interview.
- Determining the candidate’s potential to work from home productively.
- Finding candidates with the right skills, particularly soft skills such as teamwork, crisis management, and conflict resolution that have been so essential during the pandemic.
- Lack of candidates with the tech skills or capability to work remotely.
Employers who have counted on in-person interviews will have to switch to digital recruiting and get comfortable with this technology quickly. They also will have to be creative about using virtual and AI-assessed job interviewing to identify employees who are a good fit.