Practitioners and front-line medical professionals aren’t the only ones working more during the COVID-19 crisis. According to a new study:
- The average employee is putting in an extra hour of work per week and spending more time in one-on-one meetings and/or team check-ins.
- Workers are spending 29% more time in “team sync” meetings.
- There’s been an 11% increase in “fragmented time,” defined as chunks of work time that are shorter than two hours. Focused time is down 8%.
- 43% of workers say that working from home is more stressful than life at the office.
- Not surprisingly, there’s been a 45% decrease in out-of-office events.