How important is morale? According to a new survey, when an employer cares for workers, employees say that they:
- Feel included in their organization (95%)
- Would recommend their organization to a friend (91%)
- Plan to stay at their organization for 3 or more years (6-%)
Consider these steps to boost morale in these challenging times:
- Use video and text analysis to help understand employee sentiment and identify fatigue and other issues. Don’t just rely on surveys and occasional check-ins.
- Connect employees with issues they are passionate about. Drive virtual volunteering opportunities.
- Transform training with efforts such as virtual mentoring, microlearning, reskilling, and networking.
- Stop the Zoom overload. One national survey found that employees are spending an average of three hours a day on video calls. Consider where you can cut back on Zooming and look for other forms of unstructured collaboration. Don’t assume that team members are enjoying Zoom happy hours and other social events. Seek their input and consider other ways for teams to safely socialize.