According to a new MetLife survey, workers are losing sleep over financial issues during the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically:
- 41% are concerned about everyday cost of living.
- 34% are worried about stock market declines.
- 32% are stressed about having debt and getting into debt.
- 30% are concerned about new threats to job security/income.
- 28% are worried about their lack of emergency funds.
While most employees say they are most concerned about financial wellness concerns, 44% are worried about the pandemic’s impact on their mental health and/or their social health.