“Connector managers,” those leaders who are curious about people and ideas, open to learning from various perspectives, and are courageous in difficult situations, may be best equipped to bring out the best in your teams. Here’s why:
· They are confident about their decisions and don’t hesitate to make difficult choices.
· They are aware of their strengths and weakness and willing to show their vulnerabilities.
· They are generous with their time for coaching others, and they share credit for results.
· They understand and appreciate collaboration and cognitive diversity.
· They possess “social perceptiveness,” the ability to pick up on subtle cues when they are interacting with people.