According to a new study, employers and employees share a workplace but see very different things:
- While 85% of employees say they’re working more during the pandemic, 50% of employers actually believe that their employees are working less.
- Only 32% of workers say they’re being given more flexibility, while over half (55%) of employers say they’re giving people greater choices and opportunities.
- Two-thirds (62%) of employers say they’re investing in employee wellbeing, but—according to workers—they have a way to go. Only 36% of employees say they feel valued by their employer.
- About half (49%) of employers report that worker safety is a top priority. However, 40% of employees still don’t feel safe returning to work.
- While childcare and schooling challenges are a reality for many people during the pandemic, no one seems to want to talk about it. According to this study, 1 in 3 employees don’t feel comfortable taking about childcare and just 11% of employers say they’re asking workers about their childcare needs.