While Generation Z workers are the most tech-savvy group ever to hit the workforce, they value soft skills as much as technological abilities. According to one survey:
· 40% of employees believe that companies should provide soft skills training when it comes to speaking to customers, clients, and/or patients.
· Only 44% of employers are offering these soft skills.
· 94% of Gen Z employee who receive regular job-related training say they deliver better customer/patient care and service as a result.
· 94% of Gen Zers say they are motivated by learning opportunities; and 37% say they would leave their current employer if they don’t get the training they want/need.
· 40% of Gen Zers want instructor-led, in-person training.
· 42% of Gen Z employees say they have avoided asking for training for fear of reprisals.
· 70% of employers don’t incentivize training; when they do, they are more likely to offer gift cards than benefits or advancement opportunities.