According to one study, 75% of organizations will include employee experience improvement as a performance measure for HR and IT by 2022. By pursuing a collaborative strategy, HR and IT can structure teams that allow work and ideas to flow and ensure that employees have positive experiences with technology. Start with five steps:
1. Build and structure new work teams. Create teams that break down departmental siloes.
2. Make technology investments together. Don’t make decisions about or purchase of technology in a vacuum.
3. Optimize the employee experience on a single platform. Consider replacing websites and email with digitally-driven employee self-service centers.
4. Design a digital experience that inspires connection and collaboration.
5. Listen, design, test, and iterate. Give employees a voice in choosing, using, redesigning, and implementing technology.