During the COVID-19 crisis, many HR professionals are working remotely; and they are counting on technology to enable them to continue doing their jobs and caring for all employees. According to one study, they are using tech tools for:
- Payroll (70%)
- Annual open enrollment (47%)
- Employee time tracking (42%)
- Insurance benefit administration (36%)
- Retirement benefit administration (30%)
While they are taking care of business and their teams, HR pros are encouraged to care for themselves by:
- Eating healthy.
- Setting aside time to exercise.
- Limiting their availability for colleagues/clients.
- Getting dressed every day instead of working in pajamas or sweats.
- Communicating work expectations to family members/roommates.
- Protecting their personal brand by continuing to deliver high-quality work and following through on obligations and deadlines.