Culture is more than just a buzzword to your employees, and now is the time to consider how your culture can best serve the needs and concerns of your workforce:
- Show employees that their input counts. Survey them, talk to them, listen.
- Review and rethink how you address issues such as flexibility and safety, as well as how you promote trust between workers and managers.
- Be transparent. This may mean stepping outside of your comfort zone and sharing more information and truths than you might do so normally.
- Double down on emotional health and help people learn and practice optimism.
- Rethink what is good for employees both individually as a team. Employee resource or support groups are becoming more population in light of the pandemic, for instance.
- Model gratitude and optimism. More than ever, employees are looking to leaders as a barometer of what’s happening and how they should feel.