Working from home is a blessing for some people and a curse for others. However, whether your employees love or hate remote work, you need them to be productive. Here are some questions that can help you determine how to inspire and enable remote workers to do their best work:
- How can accommodating an employee who works from home benefit the organization?
- Where will the employee be working from in his or her home?
- Can the person work in a solitary environment?
- Does the employee have the right workstation set up?
- Will the employee have proper safeguards in place to ensure proprietary information is not at risk?
- Does the employee have a medical condition or injury that requires accommodations?
- Can the employer’s disability carrier provide accommodations or provide the right set up to help the employee at home?
- Would the employee allow an ergonomic consultant to assess their home workspace to determine if they have the right set up?
- Does the employer have a vendor to source ergonomic equipment?